Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving joy

Thankful for Jesus:

Almost fifty-five years ago I walked down the aisle in a very small store front church, meaning to join. But when I heard the pastor ask me “Do you believe the blood of Jesus cleanses you from sin?” somehow a light bulb went off in my head and heart.

God was answering the prayer I had prayed a month before that he would truly show me what it was he wanted me to know from the pages of the Bible I was reading. As a young teenager I had been exploring all kinds of spirituality. Christian Scientist material and occult information intertwined my Bible reading. Little did I realize God was leading me home although I was traveling some strange paths.

I had already read a great deal of the Bible- I loved the word I just did not know why. After acknowledging that Jesus blood did wash my sins away- yes I did admit it was true, it was as though someone opened the pages of a familiar and loved book and told me a wonderful new story I had not noticed.

I began in Romans and continued reading about the savior, Jesus, who lived, died and rose for my salvation.

While I am so very thankful for a loving husband, six children and their wonderful spouses, 18 grandchildren , two great granddaughters, and a whole batch of amazing friends, it is Jesus Christ himself that I am the most thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Although I have often failed him, I can, in truth, say he has never failed in his care. His promises are forever.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful, Viola! And I'm so glad he chose you!

Debbie Berkley
Bellevue, WA

Dave Moody said...

Two thumbs up sister!