Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A very merry & holy Christmas to everyone


Over five years ago my husband and I were talking about some of the precious times in our lives—those times when God blesses with great grace. I remembered a Christmas Eve when our children were much younger and our house was filled with lights, food and friends. The sounds of children drifted into every corner and in the midst of sound, singing and laughter, one of my sons led a friend to Christ. Light is what fills that memory but also the sounds.

After the discussion between my husband and myself, waking up the next morning, the Lord put a promise in my heart, “Your house will once again be filled with the sounds of children.” He has been mightily fulfilling that promise over the last five and a half years.

Tonight, Christmas Eve, three beautiful great granddaughters will be sleeping in my house, they want to sleep on the couch by the Christmas tree with the lights on! And downstairs, in our apartment, three other beautiful great granddaughters will sleep anticipating Christmas and coming up stairs to play in great grandma's home. I'm sure we will read the Betty fairy book and The Flying School Bus. Another will arrive with her mom tomorrow, and visiting in another home, for Christmas, the eighth great grandchild resting in her/his mother's womb is a promise to come.

The Lord's blessings are amazing, including all of my wonderful grandchildren. But the most amazing of his gifts is the birth of his Son who lived, died and was resurrected that we might have salvation: forgiveness of our sins, eternity with Jesus and brothers and sisters in the Lord.



video HT to several Facebook friends

Picture is Picasso's Madonna taken from an old English magazine.

2 comments:

Marie Bowen said...

A beautiful reflection, Viola. You are indeed blessed and also a blessing! Merry Christmas.

Viola Larson said...

Merry Christmas to you too Marie. You are truly a blessing even to many who are unaware.